[clug] mount partition from image file

Michael Cohen michael.cohen at netspeed.com.au
Fri Apr 29 11:13:17 GMT 2005

Hi Joel,
  You need to work out where in the disk image the partition starts:

  sfdisk -l -uS image_file.dd

  The offset is given in sectors (512 bytes), so multiply that by 512
  and you have the offset in bytes.
  Then:

  mount -oloop,offset=xxxx image.dd /mnt/point

  This will work if the offset is less than 2G, other wise you can look
  for the NASA loopback driver which supports large offsets.

  Michael.