[clug] Fonts problem

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 23:43:31 GMT 2005

Pearl Louis wrote:

>I'm currently running Fedora 3 on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 8600).  The
>screen is a 15.4" widescreen and I am running it at 1200x800.

I've got me one of these, and my native resolution is 1680x1050 (weird,
no?).  Is 1200x800 your native resolution, or are you deliberately
running it at a lower res?

The easiest check I can think of is to run it up at a higher resolution
in your Fedora, or if you've got the bandwidth / CD to hand, boot into
Ubuntu or Kubuntu live CDs (both Hoary, not Warty).  I know these (at
least Kubuntu live) detected my native resolution and came up good.  If
that sharpens things up for Fedora, maybe you can live with increasing
the font size while running at a higher resolution.

No idea why Windows would look any better when running at the same
resolution (assuming it's non-native resolution)

HTH,

Tony Lewis