[clug] St George broken even better

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Wed Apr 27 04:04:40 GMT 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Michael James wrote:

> Sometime last month  St.George upgraded something.
> They say it's, "to maximise the Internet Banking accessibility".

*cough* java *cough*. Not exactly an accessibility panacaea.

> In practise it means they have broken it even better than before.
> They have me locked out for now.

OK, I can tell you it is still working fine for me.

----
pbarker at milligan:/tmp/foo/lib/modules$ ls -l
~/.mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 pbarker pbarker 38 Dec  9 17:38
/nethome/pbarker/.mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so ->
/misc/media-handlers/javaplugin_oji.so*
pbarker at milligan:/tmp/foo/lib/modules$ ls -l
/misc/media-handlers/javaplugin_oji.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 pbarker pbarker 62 Dec  9 17:38
/misc/media-handlers/javaplugin_oji.so ->
j2sdk1.4.2_06/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so*
pbarker at milligan:/tmp/foo/lib/modules$
----
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050324
Debian/1.7.6-1
----

I'm also still using the "lie in your User-Agent string" trick which I
described a couple of months ago.

> I can get a login screen, and even log in and check balances.
> But not type.  Which makes it hard to do bpay.

OK, there /are/ focusing issues I've come across. Usually removing focus
from mozilla and back into again, clicking in text boxes, repeating,
swearing, that sort of thing gets it working.

> Anyone got any tips to get further?

If you can't type, you might be able to use clipboard-paste.

> michaelj

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\