[clug] IBM announcement

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Mon Apr 25 08:57:51 GMT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Robert Edwards wrote:

(well, someone else here:)

> > You could probably run all of DCS using X terminals off the 4-way, and
> > still have pretty good performance, although they stopped doing the X

OK, you obviously missed the pre-x86 days. The /pain/ that the old
4-big-ass-sparc server setup w/ xterms caused is still with me. (at least,
that's the way I remember it).

Admittedly, I never experienced worked with the x86 hardware DCS has in
place.

> > Of course, students like Peter (I'll leave

Incidentally, everybody, that's not me :) Damn these common names...

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\