[clug] [Off Topic] Job - Software Engineer - Canberra
steven.farlie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 00:47:48 GMT 2005
Hello all. My company is looking for a talented software developer.
The job is mostly Java based enterprise programming with lots of open
source bits. Lots of Jakarta Tomcat/Spring/Hibernate/Postgres, with
Eclipse as the IDE. You can also have a linux desktop (Fedora Core 3
or bring your own).
Knowledge of software process is a requirement. System admin skills
are a definite plus.
cTernet is a dynamic start-up in Canberra based on the simple philosophy
of respecting and treating our staff and clients well. We provide
website design, database programming and custom software development
services with the aim of building our own software products in the
future. Due to increasing web development work, we are looking for
talented software engineers to help us out!
As a cTernet software engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Requirements capture, analysis, design, coding, testing,
documenting, supporting and maintaining a variety client and
internal projects. You may be working on existing systems or
developing new software either by yourself or as a team.
* At cTernet, we expect you to be talented enough to utilise any
programming technology that we currently use or will start using
in the future. At this moment, we happen to use J2EE, PHP,
expect you to be professional enough to objectively determine
the best technology for the project regardless of whether it is
open source or commercial.
* You are a great coder who enjoys programming and the challenge
and satisfaction it provides. You are an excellent problem
solver who can hunt down and resolve issues.
* You recognise that being a software engineer requires more than
just coding and you have the expertise to undertake analysis,
design, testing and documentation.
* You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* You have excellent academic results and have a hunger to learn
* You are friendly, people-oriented and great fun to have around
* This is a full-time position based in Canberra.
* We would prefer you have a degree in Software Engineering or
* Your salary package will commensurate with your experience.
* Closing date for your application is 2 May 2005.
* To apply, please email us at jobs at cternet.com.au, attaching a
current resume in HTML, Word, or PDF format. In the body of the
email, explain why you would be a good fit for this job. If you
have a website, send us the URL.
* We will take a few days to finalise interview invitations.
During this time, we may call you to discuss your application in
* At the interview, you will spend time with our tech and non-tech
guys so be prepared to write code, talk about your software
engineering experiences and your interests.
* If you have any questions about this position, please contact
Ching on 6162 1688 or at ching at cternet.com.au
More information about the linux