[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [clug] A New Users perspective on Linux

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 14 07:56:40 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 10:30, Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:
> And an "AOL me too!" to that as well. I tried out some 2D CAD some time ago and
> It took considerable time and effort to learn a package to the point where I could
> decide it sucked. Opinions on desktop publishing would also be of great interest,
> especially apps that would be usable by the general populace.
>
> Antti

Might I recommend QCad then? I know it's been discussed but the latest
version is quite usable.

There are some bugs and things left to be done but I've given it to
people with no prior experience in CAD and they were fairly quickly able
to use it.

The part you are asked to pay for is the binaries. The binaries are
compiled with a make option that causes them to close after 10 minutes.
Simply make it yourself without that option. It's a nice plan because
most Windows users don't know how to do that so they end up paying for
the rest of us to have free software :)

Have fun,
Darren