[clug] tv_grab_au updates through Subversion

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Apr 12 11:31:45 GMT 2005

Hi everyone!

Feel free to tune out if you're not interested in MythTV or the tv_grab_au
XMLTV grabber.

Over the last month I've been on a personal quest to try and get the
history and many faces of this script sorted out.  It's a long and twisty
journey, and some of the passages aren't what you thought they were.  Of
course, part of my plan here was to try and get the most up-to-date version
of the script possible, and to try and get it to actually load up
configuration information from the parameters mythfilldatabase passes on
the command line.  Both of these are now more or less true.

The logical way (at least to me) to go from here is to share these
out.  Naturally, I used a version control system, and Subversion seemed to
my inexperienced eye to fit the bill.  I've now got it running on my home
machine and you can download the latest editions of the 0.6 and 0.7
versions using the command:

svn checkout svn://tangram.dnsalias.net/tv_grab_au_0.?

(Sorry, I haven't used the standard trunk/branches/tags system - partly
because it seemed a bit baroque for what we're dealing with and partly
because I forgot.)

If you need to check things in, please let me know a preferred username and
password for Subversion.  If you are a Subversion guru and have I've done
something boneheaded, please let me know.

Long story short: 0.6 uses the d1.com.au information, which is free for
non-commercial use because the d1.com.au developers wanted to 'give back'
to the OS community for their use of MythTV, and 0.7 uses the ninemsn
information because it includes descriptions and because the d1.com.au info
wasn't complete at time of writing (from what I've been told).  The config
file for the current version of 0.7 is a simple text <keyword> = <value>
file, with keywords being location and source, and its named
~/.mythtv/<source name>.xmltv.

Feel free to ask questions, lay blame, laugh at or comment by return email.

Have fun,

Paul

SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c)1998-2004 PJW