[clug] broadband usage on static IP

John Fletcher fletchweb at internode.net.au
Mon Apr 11 12:27:05 GMT 2005

I have to say that I agree with the ISP.  To be fair, it's your fault that
the connection requests are coming in.

I've never used bittorrent, but can't you just be a kind of parasite and
download from everyone else while not offering anything yourself for
download?  That would solve your problem.  Of course it's not in the
"community spirit" but I think it's fair enough if you are a Uni student and
you are poor.  On the other hand, if you not poor, I suggest you pay the
extra $5 per month - it won't kill you.  You wouldn't believe the feeling of
calm derived from never worrying about your download usage - it's worth
paying for in my opinion.

Fletch.