[clug] broadband usage on static IP

Tom.Minchin at csiro.au Tom.Minchin at csiro.au
Mon Apr 11 03:33:45 GMT 2005

I've had a similar problem with Telstra and dynamic IP addresses.

Eg when you inherit an IP address from the previous user who setup all
sorts of servers and the like receiving huge amounts of traffic, then
they finally disconnect and get a new IP address. You end up with all
the traffic destined for the previous user...

Telstra just played dumb - eventually I convinced one of their billing
operators (from many attempts) that the service wasn't functional whilst
the unwanted traffic was coming in. They gave me a refund for the month
(including the excess traffic charge).