[clug] Thoughts on the CLUG website
andrew-clug at andrew.net.au
Mon Sep 27 12:50:28 GMT 2004
I've scored access to update the CLUG website as part of my "meeting
I'd like to overhaul it, but will go with whatever consensus is reached here
(and I probably won't do much/anything until after the end of semester so I
don't get distracted).
My personal thoughts are:
* a blog aggregator (ala Planet CLUG)
* a Wiki (ala www.wlug.org.nz) (and I do like their Myers Briggs Type
Indicator - could be very handy for knowing how to handle certain list
* Not something like PHPNuke, for a few reasons:
1) I loathe web-based forum thingies
2) We've got a mailing list. There's no need to fragment the mailing
list by having people use a web forum thingy
3) PHPNuke and derivatives don't have a terribly good security
track-record, and the CLUG site lives on a shared server.
* Maybe something with mugshots and profiles etc (but this could be handled
with the blog aggregator, but then not everybody blogs)
* People's PGP keys
* A CLUG web of trust map
* I like dynamic data-driven stuff. It'd be good to have a list of previous
talks, and/or upcoming talks. I've already got a database and some code
that could drive this.
So let's have a discussion, see what consensus we reach, and I'll look at
implementing it down the track.
And if there's any graphically inclined people that want to have a crack at
a logo... Maybe we could have a contest? Or did we already do that for the
LCA regional delegates program? (I've got a sneaking suspicion we did, what
happened to the logo?)
linux.conf.au 2005 - http://lca2005.linux.org.au/ - Birthplace of Tux
April 18th to 23rd - http://lca2005.linux.org.au/ - LINUX
Canberra, Australia - http://lca2005.linux.org.au/ - Get bitten!
More information about the linux