[clug] broadband ISPs in Canberra

John newsx1 at bestpond.com
Fri Sep 24 02:02:37 GMT 2004

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:12:58 +1000, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> > At 2004/9/24 10:11+1000  Parsons, Drew writes:
>
> IIRC, Velocity have just bought Internode, and they have a Debian
> mirror (not always up to date, mind you), some streaming free Net
> radio, and generally an excellent approach to support.

Well you recall wrongly I'm afraid. Internode is a sound strong and
reliable company privately owned.

Velocity ( if I recall principals come from an earlier canberra isp that
went through takeovers and then demise) recently bought out
Interact (which was another ACT startup here by an older isp's
principals that also went west a few years ago).

John