Webmail as a backup medium (was Re: [clug] Gmail Invites (6))

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Sep 16 02:33:22 GMT 2004

On 16 Sep 2004, at 11:50, Steve Walsh wrote:

> I just want it for the MyBackUp script
> (http://www.cyberciti.biz/nixcraft/projects/linux/scripts/mybackup/)
> for
> when I don't have my thumbdrive/palmdrive/USB wristwatch handy.

Nifty. I guess a 1GB GMail account is a little cheaper than a 1GB CF
card for my camera, too :)

Speaking of which, check this out - totally OT for thread and list, but
nifty nonetheless:
   http://www.atpm.com/10.08/media.shtml
(for the link-shy, it's a review of the Belkin "Media Reader for iPod
w/ Dock Connector")

But at least storing stuff in the GMail account gives you another
option for machines that are Internet-connected but don't have USB 2.0
or FireWire... but only 1GB?

Alex

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."  --Isaac Asimov