[clug] Mail server stuff.

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 11:48:17 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 19:45, Jim Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 06:53:28PM +1000, Paul Warren wrote:
> > What they have is one pop3 email account that is a catchall for their
> > domain.  They want that to be split into different accounts locally, one
> > for the CEO at domain.com, one for Sales at domain.com, one for
> > deliveries at domain.com etc etc.
>
> I have a setup exactly what you describe. exim handles the mail, fetchmail
> brings it down from the ISP.

procmail might be more suited to your needs, Paul, especially if you're
limited to only having the catch-all account for the ISP.  I'm guessing
here, but you might use fetchmail to get the mail, and then "somehow"
submit it to procmail, which could split it into different users'
mailboxes on your machine.

Tony Lewis