[clug] September Programmers' SIG meeting

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 8 11:01:00 GMT 2004

David Price wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 11:03:02AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
>
>>Michael informs me that at this stage no one has volunteered to do a talk.
>>Does anyone have anything in mind?
>

> I'm assuming we'd have heard about it if someone had since
> volunteered?
>
> What programming related things would people like to hear about?
>
> Perhaps even if there isn't anyone who feels expert enough to talk on
> a particular topic, we might still be able to have a group discussion
> about it.
>
> After last months informative talk (thanks Michael), the group
> discussion that followed was also quite interesting.
>
> David

Does anyone know much about programming/development on embedded systems?

After the release of the Neuros[1] firmware source[2], I want to get
started on fixing some gripes I have with it (monotype numerals for a
start), and I've kind of no idea where to start (I've looked at the
source, it kind of makes sense).
The Neuros uses a TI DSP chip, which unfortunately has no open sourced
compiler as yet[3]

Any fun stuff to talk about with this sort of programming?
Cheers
--
Paul Warren
u3292467 at anu dot edu dot au

[1] www.neurosaudio.com
yes I have one of the 40Gb USB 2.0 Neuros 1 models.

[2] open.neurosaudio.com and neuros-firmware.sourceforge.net
scroll down a bit to find the firmware release

[3] there is a project to make a gcc target for the chip
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tic54x-gcc/
and there is also a project to make lcc do the same
http://neurosis.gcnippon.com/