[clug] DDOS attack against me by CLUG

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Sep 8 01:42:32 GMT 2004

Sam Couter wrote:

> This is a technical list, it's not too much to expect people to learn
> how to use email properly. My grandmother can use email badly, I'd
> expect a bunch of geeks to know better.

Close. This is a _user_group_ go and meditate on the koan more.

User groups should be approachable. The flame wars should stop [1].
People should be shown some latitude when they hit reply to all, or use
LookOut!, or ask how to move from other OS'es [2].

Mikal

1: It should be noted that the previous thread was not a flame war to my
mind. It was a discussion, with a lot of people agreeing, which is nice.
A flame war would need many more 4 letter words.

2: Especially FreeBSD.