[clug] DDOS attack against me by CLUG

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Sep 7 03:42:35 GMT 2004

On 7 Sep 2004, at 13:12, Darren Freeman wrote:

> I just wanted to point out that most of the posts in the recent
> flamewar
> have been CC: to myself even though I subscribe to the list (and had
> nothing to do with it). Please be more thoughtful when hitting "reply
> all"!

Perhaps the list owner might consider setting the Reply-To header to
the list? From the MailMan administrative interface, "Note that if the
original message contains a Reply-To: header, it will not be changed."

I'm basing this plea upon the "Reply-To Munging Adds Something" section
of "Reply-To Munging Considered Useful"[1], which I contrast with the
"It Adds Nothing" section of "Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful"[2].
But please, if you do read those essays consider why the author of
"Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful" believes that it's the "Reply-To"
header to blame, not the indiscriminate munging he was doing that
caused him embarassment!

Regards
Alex Satrapa

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."  --Isaac Asimov

[1] "Reply-To Munging Considered Useful",
http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml
[2] "Reply-To Munging Considered
Harmful",http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html