[clug] Back to the matter at hand - Geeky Linux Stuff

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Tue Sep 7 02:39:25 GMT 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 12:09:39PM +1000, Nerdvana - Stephen Walsh wrote:

> I have a copy of the linux care rescue disk here, as well as the downloaded
> ISO file I create it from. Now, like most linux people, I often find myself
> in the machine room battling head crashes and other sundry failures at the
> most inconvenient time, and away from my desk, where the linuxcare CD is
> located. Again, like most linux people I have a plethora of geeky toys on
> me, one of them being a 64Mb Thumb Drive.

The Linuxcare CD is old old old now.  It probably doesn't support many
new funky bits of hardware (SATA, new SCSI cards, probably lots of other
stuff).  You might want to try the lnx-bbc at http://lnx-bbc.org

Last time I looked in the development tree there was something for thumb
drives, but I'm not sure whether it was officially working or not.  I
think the 'dd' idea would probably work though.

Tim.