[clug] [Wanted] Someone to manage CLUG meetings

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Mon Sep 6 15:34:19 GMT 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 01:01:09AM +1000, Kristy Bennett wrote:

> For the attention of John Telek and for the information of CLUG list
> members:

OK.  Its late and I'm tired so its time for a stupid post...

What I like about CLUG:

	1. The Linux
	2. The technical talks
	3. The generous people who give their time for others
	4. The pizza

<RANT>
Things I dont like about CLUG:

	1. Whenever I go there I always feel like an outsider so calling
	   it the ANU Linux Users Group would be appropriate.
	   Maybe I'm just socially inept.

	2. Does everyone there actually know each other?  Would name tags be a lame
	   suggestion?  I think it would help those not part of the "In Crowd".

	3. I always end up arriving late and therefore have to sit within the
	   dreaded 3 metre radius of the door and have to suffer in constant
	   beeping of some security device.  Does that thing drive anyone
	   else insane?

Finally...

A first year ANU software engineering student I know tried to attend CLUG two
meetings ago.  A bit shy and non-agressive.  He tried the door and it was shut.
He knocked some people turned to see him there then look back at the speaker.
He knocked again.  Someone tried the door which wouldn't open (or was difficult
to open) and sat down again.  He went home.  Nice one.
</RANT>

Sleep now.

--
Brett