[clug] [Wanted] Someone to manage CLUG meetings

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Sep 6 08:07:26 GMT 2004

Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 05:45:40PM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
>
>>Alex Satrapa wrote:
>>

>>>Sure, the gannets can gobble away after everyone else has had their
>>>quota (ie: once the pizza has gone stone cold and people have left).
>>>Remember guys, that slice of pizza is $1 of someone else's pocket money.
>>
>>Right, dammit. I give in. What on earth is a gannet? The first page of
>>google doesn't show anything relevant.
>
> Dude! apt-get install dict

Nicely brought back on topic for the list...

-----------------------------------
challenger:~# apt-get install dict
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
   recode
Suggested packages:
   dictd dict-server
   dict recode
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 43 not upgraded.
Need to get 246kB of archives.
After unpacking 872kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main recode 3.6-10 [178kB]
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main dict 1.9.14-2 [67.8kB]
Fetched 246kB in 6s (39.6kB/s)

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:   at
/usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/Gnom
e.pm line 47, <> line 2.
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
debconf: (DISPLAY problem?)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Dialog
Selecting previously deselected package recode.
(Reading database ... 107098 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking recode (from .../recode_3.6-10_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package dict.
Unpacking dict (from .../dict_1.9.14-2_i386.deb) ...
Setting up recode (3.6-10) ...

Setting up dict (1.9.14-2) ...

challenger:~#

I'll file that away for later. Now if only synce worked with my Ipaq...

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au