[clug] RH can find HDD but SUSE and Debian cannot?

Benedict and Trisha Wyss btwyss at netspeed.com.au
Sat Sep 4 05:40:12 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Only RedHat can find HDD's and begin installing, SUSE and Debian fail to
detect them.

To note:
a. Error msg = 162 System Options Not Set, 1 out of every 5 boots
b. I have replaced the batterie (all-be-it bodged with a soldering iron, but
still works I think),
c. It is a compaq AP400 machine using the F10 / Diag diskettes to access the
BIOS, which works and saves, I think, and nothing to say otherwise.

Questions
1. Is it possible to get a proper batterie holder soldered on the mother
board cheaply?
2. Why only RH can detect HDD's with the current issue with PC?

Further note:
I am unable to out lay much in the way of cash, so pls keep in mind when
replying.

Thanks in advance,

Ben