[clug] Anyone else with a HP Deskjet 670C?

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Thu Sep 2 11:42:58 GMT 2004

I have recently been given a Deskjet 670C.  Prints black and blue just fine,
but the red comes out in stripes.  There is red ink in the cartridge, but it
seems that a few nozzles are not working.

The only reason that I'm reluctant to just buy a new cartridge is that when
used under windows the driver complains that the cartridge is not in place
properly, even though it is.  It is unclear to me if the problem is with the
cartridge (in which case a new one will fix the problem) or with the cradle
that the cartridge sits in (in which case a new cartridge is a waste of
money).

So I'm just wondering if there is anyone one the list with one of these
printers, or more precisely a HP colour ink cartridge (no 49), and would be
happy for me to drop by and test my printer with a known good cartridge?

Thanks,

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox