[clug] Keysigning at CLUG?

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 28 08:38:39 GMT 2004

Yeah,

I wouldn't mind doing that.

Kim

On 2004 Oct 24, , at 11:12 AM, Brad Hards wrote:

> I don't know if there is anything organised for next week, but I'm
> interested
> in having a PGP keysigning.  We could do the signing upstairs (in the
> post-pizza period), using the "decentralised" model.
>
> See http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html for more,
> including how
> to generate a key-pair if you don't have one.
>
> Basically, you need to bring photo ID (something that you'd get in
> trouble for
> forging - a passport is ideal, drivers license is also good). You also
> need
> to bring slips of paper (20-30 should be plenty) with your key ID and
> key
> fingerprint.  Those slips of paper might look like:
>
> pub  1024D/0FCF6738 2002-08-04 Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net>
>      Key fingerprint = 14D2 91B1 2A05 3223 DF5D  000E 1B0C 2CCD 0FCF
> 6738
> sub  1024g/561E1A26 2002-08-04
>
> or (if you have additional uids), like:
>
> pub  1024D/A0B3E88B 2000-07-24 Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net>
>      Key fingerprint = AFAC 578F 1841 EE6B FD95  E143 3C63 CA3F A0B3
> E88B
> uid                            Martin Pool <mbp at hp.com>
> uid                            Martin Pool <mbp at humbug.org.au>
> uid                            Martin Pool <mbp at samba.org>
> uid                            Martin Pool <mbp at users.sourceforge.net>
> sub  1024g/34D06BCB 2000-07-24
>
> Brad
> --

Kim Holburn
IT Manager, Canberra Research Laboratory
National Information and Communication Technology Australia
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=16 ->
http://www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD]
http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961