[clug] Spreading the joy!

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Tue Oct 26 12:13:15 GMT 2004

Hi all,

just thought you'd get a chuckle out of the horrendously brain-dead
thing I did today.

At a root prompt, working dir was /usr and I typed:

rm -Rf bin

Now, let it be known, I thought I was in /usr/local =)

Search for the "undo" key! THERE'S NO UNDO KEY!!

Not a very functional system at that point, facial expression changed,
internal curse words were uttered.

Lucky I had a year-old backup. Lucky the system hadn't been used in a
year too ;) Couldn't rsync, couldn't do much of anything but burn a
rewritable with the backup and carry it over. Did I mention the machine
lives in a cleanroom :)

Have fun,
Darren