[clug] Re: Modification to Label Printing

Alex Satrapa alex.satrapa at apf.edu.au
Thu Oct 7 04:00:23 GMT 2004

Guys,

I've tried setting the "page accounting" option on Joelle and Nikki's
workstations (2-72 and 2-81). I asked Joelle and Nikki to report if any
blank labels appear. Joelle's account has the bottom margin set to
0.02cm, Nikki's doesn't.

Note the following for Joelle:

On 7 Oct 2004, at 13:20, Joelle Horan wrote:

> I just got a blank label after one i printed; however i had also just
> bumped
> something i shouldn't have in the print menu - i think i just changed
> the
> "Print system currently used" so i changed it back to CUPS but then it
> printed the blank label.

When Joelle did that, the margin settings were restored to "normal" - I
had previously customised hers to have a larger bottom margin (0.02cm
instead of 0.00cm).

The fact that Joelle's workstation printed blank labels at all
indicates that the "page accounting" solution doesn't work, and that
the "altered margins" solution is the right one.

Let's see how it goes for the rest of the week, I expect Joelle's
printer will behave properly, while the others continue printing
blanks. If I'm correct, we'll roll out the "altered margins" fix to all
the husbandry workstations.

Regards
Alex Satrapa

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."  --Isaac Asimov