[clug] Samba as ADS Member - Newbie HOW-TO?

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Mon Nov 29 00:04:25 GMT 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:30 am, Avi Miller wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm trying to get Samba to join an Active Directory and the HOW-TO
> specifies a familiarity with Kerberos as a pre-requisite. Can anyone
> recommend a good Kerberos HOW-TO to gain some familiarity? :) If it
> helps, I'll be making the attempt using Fedora Core 3.

I got a copy of O'Reilly's Kerberos book
 on Kim Holburn's enthusiastic recommendation.
He said it helped him set up kerberised OpenLDAP/AD infrastructure
 for Windows, Mac and Linux in NICTA.

Haven't had time to read it myself but...

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166