[clug] [joeyh@debian.org: announcing debian-installer release candidate 2]

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Fri Nov 26 10:28:03 GMT 2004

After this was discussed on the list, I just thought I'd pop this
onwards for those who aren't receiving debian-devel-announce. ^_^

So the good news is Debian/sarge _will_ be installable on LVM/MD-Raid
out of the box. ^_^

Now to find a spare machine to try reiserfs on as well. ^_^

----- Forwarded message from Joey Hess <joeyh at debian.org> -----
Subject: announcing debian-installer release candidate 2

This second Debian-Installer release candidate is expected to be the final
release of the installer for Debian 3.1 (sarge). Limited changes have been
made to the installer since the pre-rc2 release last month, but there are
a few:

 * All errata items, except intermittent red screen problem are fixed.
 * Support for LVM volumes on software RAID.
 * Experimental support for installing with the 2.6 kernel on the
   hppa architecture.
 * Lots of improvements to the installation manual, which is now fully
   translated to Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Czech.
 * More bug fixes than we care to recall.

As always, links to bootable images and documentation are on our web site.
<http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer>

For the d-i team,

--
see shy jo

----- End forwarded message -----

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.