[clug] Query re Transact costs.

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Fri Nov 26 02:47:49 GMT 2004

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 12:37:59PM +1100, Brett Worth wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 07:43:57PM -0500, Patrick Cole wrote:
> > It's nice to be able to stream the TV around the house over the gigabit
> > ethernet.  Multicast is very handy.

> That's the ONLY reason I'm still with Transact yet they dont really support
> it.  It seems they turn a blind eye to it.

> I reckon they should be using it as a marketing feature.

They can't. Content providers get edgey the moment someone ties "Set Top
Box" and "Computer" together, encryption notwithstanding.

Turning a blind eye is a good deal better than "encrypt everything"
which would cost TransACT money, but if push comes to shove would have
to be done.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.