[clug] [OT] PPC virtualiser for Mac OS X on PPC?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Nov 15 00:07:55 GMT 2004

On 15 Nov 2004, at 10:06, Bob Edwards wrote:

> I can provide a PPC G4 laptop running Debian Sarge, if that would help.

I'd prefer to have hardware that's in my control for the next week or
so - I'm upgrading a couple of my older PCs with a little bit of RAM,
we'll see how they go.

One option is to just take the plunge and set my laptop up for
dual-boot, then run the demonstration network in User Mode Linux. I
think the option I'll be exploring is getting a furniture trolley and
strapping a bunch of machines + network infrastructure onto the
trolley. Easily portable in the car, I only have to worry about
launching the thing off curbs in transit between car and CLUG (and thus
scrapping the HDDs).

Right now, I've got what I need - but I'd like to have smaller or
virtual versions of the same :)

One machine is an Athlon 750 with half a Gig of RAM, so I may be able
to get away with UML or Plex86 on that machine.

Regards
Alex

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."  --Isaac Asimov