[shameless plug] Re: [clug] New script based Phishing makes Windows even less safe.

Sam Couter sam at couter.dropbear.id.au
Tue Nov 9 08:54:16 GMT 2004

Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:
> The Credit Union Of Canberra uses a plain HTML over TLS internet
> banking system.

Ditto for the National.

> They don't yet use one-time-pad systems, but not many
> banks in Australia are that switched on just yet.

Not many banks, or no banks?

> The CUoC was previously (years ago) using a Java applet, which never
> quite worked properly on anything except IE. Eventually (after enough
> complaints?), they switched over to the plain-web banking system we
> have now. It works better, looks nicer, and runs faster than the old
> system. I like it.

Ditto for the National. Not that their current system is all that great
in terms of UI (too many clicks!), but it works.

> The best bit is, it works just as well on any browser that I use -
> Microsoft IE, Netscape 4.7, Mozilla 1.x, Firefox, OmniWeb, Safari and
> even iCab. I haven't tried it in Lynx yet.

I use Firefox under Linux exclusively with the National website. I get
a warning about my browser not being supported, but there's a "continue
anyway" button and the site works fine.
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:sam at couter.dropbear.id.au
Debian Developer    |  mailto:eddie at debian.org