[clug] [Commercial] [Procedural] Orgainising Bulk discounts for the CLUG

Gary Woodman antigramp at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 9 03:45:06 GMT 2004

--- Steve Jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> I asked the makers of 'CrossOver Office', a WINE based product [they
> have the head of the WINE team on staff] if User Group discounts were
> available...  They are happy to offer us the educational discount of
> 30%.
>
> Is this a thing that CLUG members are interested in??

Interesting. As already pointed out, the discount is not significant.
For my part, if I wanted this product, I would prefer it bundled with
Xandros; and I already have a discount for that with my PC Authority
cover CD.
http://www.akatech.com.au/xandros/pcauthority/

I also have Lindows, Morphix and Lycoris from PC Authority; a rich
source for distribution junkies.

> They can supply a 'discount code' for CLUG members.
>
> Here's the catch:
> How do we limit the offer to 'members only'??

Announce the meeting in the usual manner. By established practice,
anyone who attends is a 'member'. Announce the code during the meeting.
Or, take orders (cash?) during the meeting, return the code to
interested parties/payers.

Gary