[clug] [Commercial] [Procedural] Orgainising Bulk discounts for the CLUG

Drew Parsons dparsons at emerall.com
Tue Nov 9 01:10:25 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 11:55 +1100, Steve Jenkin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I asked the makers of 'CrossOver Office', a WINE based product [they
> have the head of the WINE team on staff] if User Group discounts were
> available...  They are happy to offer us the educational discount of
> 30%.
>
> Is this a thing that CLUG members are interested in??
> >
> > Here is our Educational and Non-Profit Pricing List
> >
> > Crossover Office Standard Version (No support, No Renewals, No Discount)
> > 1  to 1000 copies (download only)                   $39.95 each
> >
> > Crossover Office Professional Version
> > (Level 2 Technical Support and Upgrades for 12 Months)
> > 50 - 99 copies                             $42.00  each
> > 100-499 copies                           $39.20 each

Note that the discount only applies to the Professional Version, which
you really only need if you're setting up for a large(-ish) scale
deployment across your institution.

For individuals, we'd only need the standard version ourselves, and that
gets no discount.  The Professional version is only cheaper after 100
copies.

That said, their product does work nicely.  It even installs Deathtrap
Dungeon, though the Direct3D doesn't work (but I haven't tried
installing a newer version of DirectX) so you have to use 256 colours
with software 3D to play the game :)

It also runs the ATO's tax pack, though I couldn't get it to connect and
upload my tax return to the ATO, and the help files didn't work.  But
you can prepare your return with it.

Drew