[clug] mplayer and DVD's

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Mon Nov 8 11:53:13 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 09:28:31PM +1100, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:
> Hi
>
> has anyone on the lis managed to get mplayer and DVD playback to work
> correctly on debian?

I have - I needed to make sure that UDF support was loaded, and that
I'd pointed it at the right device (-dvd-device /dev/hdc or
equivalent). I also grabbed the ffmpeg source and used libavcodec
from that. Given that, it seems to work fairly well (aside from
needing to guess the tracks to play).

I can send you a tarball of my mplayer cvs tree if you want.

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or http://himi.org/stuff/himi.asc
(crappy) Homepage: http://himi.org