[clug] [OT] Canberra sucks

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 8 07:49:18 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 11:58, david at qednet.biz wrote:

> > What I want is "city living in the city", a concept so far ahead of its
> > time that we don't have it here yet.

> which part of the city living would you prefer?

The part where you go out on Friday/Saturday night and young people are
out and about =) And the music is decent. And they can afford to
accommodate more than one taste in anything (my tastes are rarely
mainstream).

Tuggeranong Hyperdome is a very sad example by day but even Civic
doesn't have much of a bustling nightlife.

Visit a real city and then come back to compare the two. Try Sydney or
Melbourne. Walk down Lygon street in Melbourne. The difference is
gob-smacking. Even if it's Wednesday arvo in Melbourne and Friday night
in Civic, Melbourne is busier.

Have fun,
Darren