[clug] [OT] Canberra sucks

Gilbert, Mark Mark.Gilbert at actewagl.com.au
Mon Nov 8 02:23:25 GMT 2004

It's so hard to get people enflamed about Canberra.

This article:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/05/1065292473452.html?from=storyrhs
said this about Canberra:
I asked a local yesterday what makes someone a true Canberran. He said, "just showing up". That's what I love about it. Canberra has no tickets on itself. It just is. It couldn't give a proverbial rats' about where you live, what you wear or who you know. If you pull up with a few sticks of furniture on your roof-rack, that's enough commitment to win you into Canberra's graces.

Mark