[OT] Update Re: [clug] USB key recommendations

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Nov 7 23:20:12 GMT 2004

On 4 Nov 2004, at 09:38, Alex Satrapa wrote:

> For anyone who's curious, here is my list of iPod pros and cons as
> compared to thumb drives:
>  - No USB 1.1 support (either doesn't work or doesn't work well)

It works fine, but it's not "a supported configuration" because USB 1.x
is so much slower than FireWire. I managed to synchronise my iTunes
library between my iPod and my computer at home successfully.

>  - needs cables to connect to Firewire or USB

There is one cable which provides both connectors though.

As an MP3 player, it makes a great external hard drive.

Regards
Alex Satrapa

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."  --Isaac Asimov