[clug] USB key recommendations

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 12:32:58 GMT 2004

A change of jobs and an apparent fall in prices[1] makes me want a USB
key now.

Has anyone got any horror stories of buying cheap ones?  I guess I want
fairly rugged build, plus decent read/write speeds, plus write
protection, plus low enough power to run through an unpowered hub (nice
to have).

If I buy one of these no-namers with no specs and no google-found
reviews, what are my chances of getting something that meets my needs?

Is anyone of the opinion that prices will fall further in the near
future?  It seems like a big drop from what they were a few months ago.

Lastly, if anyone's interested in a bulk order to save postage, let's
talk.  Or maybe I'll try the computer fair.

[1]
http://www.techbuy.com.au/products/41764/MEMORY_SECURE_TINY_STORAGE_DEVICES/Generic/-/1024MB_USB_2.0_Compact_Flash_Disk.asp