[clug] Problems running X server on Debian

Prometheus prometheus at netspace.net.au
Sun May 30 08:21:39 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had problems trying to run x-server on Debian? If so then
maybe my problem may sound familiar. After apt-getting X-windows, I set
up my configuration using 'xf86config', then tried to start the server,
which consequently crashed.  It seems that my configuration is stuffed,
but I don't know what part of it is crashing the server.  I have already
sent an email to the debian support group, but if anyone is familiar
with this problem, please reply.

Attached is the log file of the error (you will find the error at the
end of the log).

Cheers,
ange