[clug] Looking for a webserver/mailserver management system

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Wed May 26 07:24:19 GMT 2004

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some kind of open-source integrated system for managing
> customer websites. One which provides an interface for me to add new
> domains and manage the DNS records and provides login for external
> users to upload their site. Perhaps even letting me setup mailboxes and
> aliases too.
>
> I know I could glue Apache/Exim/Bind/ProFTPd/etc together to get this
> to work with LDAP, but does anyone know of a system that has already
> done the hard yards and Just Works(tm) ?
>
> I don't need much functionality, it just needs to be very low
> maintainence.

I wrote one like this about four years ago.  It works with Apache and
courier email.  It's a bit dusty now, but I could brush it off.

I don't think I got the bind integration working.

With apache2's new config file format, it should be pretty easy to run
templates through a sed/awk/perl filter.

I used webDAV instead of FTP though - the customers loved it, especially
with a technology like 'teamdrive' (IE webfolders hadn't been released
at that time).

I considered my work to be mostly outdated by webmin though.