[clug] Print to Windows printer

Stephen Collins trib at stephencollins.org
Wed May 19 11:56:52 GMT 2004

I have an hp psc1350 attached to a Windows XP box here on my home
network from my Fedora box.

I have the printer shared, but can't see it browsing smb via nautilus.
I can browse to a file share I have on the box so long as I enter my
Windows username and pw when nautilus asks for them.

Running smbclient, I get the following:

[trib at mordor trib]$ smbclient -I 192.168.0.2 -L greyhavens -N
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MIDDLEEARTH] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

         Sharename      Type      Comment
         ---------      ----      -------
Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MIDDLEEARTH] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

         Server               Comment
         ---------            -------
         GREYHAVENS           Family room PC

         Workgroup            Master
         MIDDLEEARTH          GREYHAVENS
[trib at mordor trib]$

Which frankly, doesn't look good.

I'd really appreciate some advice on getting Samba browsing, and then
printing up and happening, as I can't imagine it's supposed to be this hard.

Steve
Em: trib at spam.comes.in.a.can.but.not.to.this.address.stephencollins.org
Wb: http://www.stephencollins.org
IM: ICQ - 1014940