[clug] Budget Linux Scanner

Edgecombe, Scott Scott.Edgecombe at AirservicesAustralia.com
Tue May 18 23:26:29 GMT 2004

Greetings and Salutations,

I recently set up my retired folks on Xandros 1.0, when they decided to
join the digital age. They use it for all the usuals - surfing, email,
word processing and spreadsheets. They have now decided they want a
scanner so they can send photos to friends. I have checked out the SANE
hardware lists and looked at some of the "complete" backend drivers.

I thought I would ask the CLUG to see what experience people have had
with various scanners and to get recommendations for a good budget
scanner for my folks. USB is preferred but I can do SCSI for them as
well.

Thanks

Scott Edgecombe