[clug] Wireless hotspots.

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue May 18 23:05:05 GMT 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 08:54:02PM +1000, Michael Carden wrote:
> > Nerdvana and Powerband Networks are jointly
> > rolling out some (permanently) free wireless hotspots. We have one at Deli
> > Marco in Dickson (near the NAB) and one at Cafe Valentino's in Garema
> > Place.
>
> Wow.
>
> That is awesone. Um, not that I can think of an actual application for this,
> but at least on paper it gives me a reason to justify a WiFi lappie or PDA
> that I can take to Important Business Meetings[tm] (oh yes) where we can
> drink espresso and um...

Well lets see, after my tuesday, thursday and friday morning rides I tend to
be at the purple pickle cafe, whhich we happen to have some wireless
coverage pointing out towards from DCS, and after my wednesday morning ride
we have coffee at demarcos in deckson. Now I dont take my laptop cycling
(strangely), I do however have my pda, alas my pda does not have wireless
or a driver to work with SD Wireless (Palm Tunsgten E) oh well....

	See You
	    Steve

... who prefers the coffee at demarco's to that at dickson hudsons

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view