[clug] Fixed IP ISP

Edgecombe, Scott Scott.Edgecombe at AirservicesAustralia.com
Thu May 13 06:41:32 GMT 2004

Thank you all for the brisk responses.

I have forwarded the recommendations that I have received to him and we
will follow it up.

Thanks again.

P.S. He is a noob to Linux and is interested in getting the list but I
can't remember how to subscribe. Any help appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Telek, John [mailto:John_Telek at tesg5.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 13 May 2004 4:33 PM
To: Edgecombe, Scott; linux at samba.org
Subject: RE: [clug] Fixed IP ISP

Velocity Internet are the go.

  John

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgecombe, Scott [mailto:Scott.Edgecombe at AirservicesAustralia.com]

Sent: Thursday, 13 May 2004 4:18 PM
To: linux at samba.org
Subject: [clug] Fixed IP ISP

Hi Guys,

I have a query from a work colleague. He wants to know if there is a
good ISP in Canberra that will assign a static IP address.

He is looking to set the system as remote server for personal use at his
home.

His discussion with Optusnet and BigPond say he has to be a business and
that the server can't stay in his home residence. Does he have to go for
a hosted solution even though he can self host if he can get a fixed IP.

Thank in Advance

Scott Edgecombe

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments to it:

(a) may be confidential and if you are not the intended recipient, any
interference with, use, disclosure or copying of this material is
unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please delete it and notify the sender;

(b) may contain personal information of the sender as defined under the
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).  Consent is hereby given to the recipient(s) to
collect, hold and use such information for any reasonable purpose in the
ordinary course of TES' business, such as responding to this e-mail, or
forwarding or disclosing it to a third party.