[clug] [WANTED] ADSL modems

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Tue May 11 03:22:19 GMT 2004

Darren

We're running a Linksys BEFRS41 on our Transact, the only complaing we have
is the (woeful) uplink speed. 128k uplink for a 1Mb service is a bit slim
(some VDSL implementations over in 'Merka have close to 700k uplink speeds
for a 1Mb connection). I won't start my rant about the Transact Upload
speeds right now, I'll save till people get a few beers into me. But apart
from that, we're happy with the connection.

If you want a price on the BEFRS41 (the Cisco/Linksys version, not the pure
Linksys version), email off list and I'll do what I can to help.

All the Best

Stephen Walsh
Nerdvana Systems Pty Ltd
Ph: 626 22 555
www.nerdvana.com.au

<Annoying Legalese snipped to avoid further retribution both on and off CLUG
list>