[clug] Handling realplayer or mms: in Linux

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Mon May 10 02:56:50 GMT 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 17:40, Brad Hards wrote:
> I caught a part of an interview with Lawrence Lessig on Triple J on Thursday
> night, where he discussed how copyright laws were being used to suppress
> innovation.
>
> Apparently, you can download the Hack interviews from their website:
> http://www.triplej.abc.net.au/hack/default.htm  I just can't make it work. I
> am now having moral problems booting a windows machine to listen to this
> interview. If anyone can help me in the dilemma, I'd appreciate it.

Under Suse I just clicked on the link and (after registering to realplayer)
 it just worked. Now I want to record the program to a normal audio CD
 so my non-technical non-internet parents can listen to it.

(The intent is noble even if the legalities are murky)

Is there a plug-in to the arts sound system
 that can hive off a copy to a file?

Or is there a Linux realplayer-client-clone that can snarf programs?

michaelj

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166