[clug] Linux trial

ben.westgarth at facs.gov.au ben.westgarth at facs.gov.au
Mon May 3 23:35:02 GMT 2004

Hey y'all,
My work place, which is a long time dedicated winXX and Lotus Notes based
environment, is about to launch a mini-project into looking at the
viability of open source alternatives to proprietary software (for
everything from the desktop to servers). Obviously, linux will feature
heavily in our trials. What I want is some recommendations for flavours to
use in building an App/Database/Web server - something robust. What is the
current feeling towards the Redhat enterprise product? Is this still
considered open source?
Thanks, Ben