[clug] Copy Controlled CDs

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Mar 29 12:18:17 GMT 2004

On 29 Mar 2004, at 12:08, Darren Freeman wrote:

> I never bothered with the 14th track as I considered the software it
> auto-installs to enable playback to be evil. The backup I produced was
> actually an orange-book standard CD whereas the source wasn't.

14th track?

I only count 12!  I'm guessing that the 1st track that I don't have
would be the CD data track, and the 14th would be some kind of hidden
music track?

Perhaps I should write to Norah (or her agents at least) and say that
due to my bad experience with the first CD ("Come away with me"), I
won't be buying "Fireside".

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of their folly,
is to fill the world with fools.
     -- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)