[clug] Shell handler/monitor

Grant Morphett grant at gmorph.com
Wed Mar 24 09:59:34 GMT 2004

I don't know the exact label or title of what I want but its basically some sort
of shell event handler.  Essentially I am looking for a shell (bash like) or
something to hook onto a shell where I can configure loads of events to happen on
various things.  I also need a high level of detailed control.  i.e. I would like
to be able to stop certain users from running the "rm" command or the chmod
command.  I would also like to be able to send logs or SNMP messages everytime a
user does something that I am interested in i.e. perhaps send an SNMP message of
every command a particular user enters.   That sort of stuff.  Any ideas?

This is for a legitmate use by the way.  I ain't looking for simple key stroke
loggers.

Thanks.

Grant