[clug] Braindead shell?

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Wed Mar 24 08:22:15 GMT 2004

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

>So I have a Perl script that works perfectly when run from my login, but it complains
>bitterly when run in cron where it can't find stuff like FlexLM and Oracle.
>
>Is there an easy means of (temporarily) nuking PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ORACLE_HOME
>and all the other assumed variables within an xterm? That is, easier than writing another script
>to un-set and re-set them?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Antti

If you know what they are then why not just set them at the start of
your script.  The oracle one should be easy with oraenv.  Same with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH.

Also run the script from an account with no env variables to double check.

You could also run your .baashrc or .bash_profile at the start of your
script.  Maybe not such a good idea.

Cheers,
Simon.