[clug] Catering arrangements for the meeting

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Mon Mar 22 07:54:37 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:45:40PM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> Michael Still wrote:
> >For quite some time Steven Hanley has organized most of the food / drink
> >for the CLUG meetings. Steven has now asked for some helpers... So, we
> >need a volunteer to bring soft drinks (you'll be reimbursed, but we want
> >them bought cold and then chilled at your house before the meeting).
>
> Perhaps I wasn't clear here. Your $6 already pays for drinks. All we're
> asking for is someone to ask for the list of what to bring, and then
> bring it. They'll be reimbursed just as we do for Steven now.

The main reason we do it this way is so as to keep the cost of drinks down.
2 Litre bottles of fizzy stuff from the shelves at a large supermarrket are
about 1/3rd the price of the 1.25 lite bottles form the fridge at dominos.

What it means is we can order a sufficent number of pizzas and still have
enough drink for everyone and not go more than a few dollars into deficit
with the CLUG kitty each month (which still has some money)

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view