[clug] CLUG meeting 25 March 2004

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Mar 21 23:59:27 GMT 2004

The February CLUG meeting is next Thursday night
(25 March 2004) at 7pm in room N101, on
the ground floor of the Computer Science and
Information Technology building at the ANU.

As always, don't forget about the pizza, so come
hungry and bring about $6 to cover the cost of
your share if you want some.

See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and
a map.

This month Ben Elliston has kindly agreed to talk
about CAcert. In his words:

"CAcert is a community-based non-profit Certificate Authority.

For the enthusiast looking to dip their toe in the water, CAcert has
an easy way of obtaining certificates you can use with your email
program.  For administrators looking to protect the services they
offer, CAcert provides host and wild card certificates which you can
issue almost immediately. Not only can you use these to protect
websites, but also POP3, SMTP and IMAP connections, to list but a few.

In my talk, I will give some background on what CAcert is, provide a
very brief primer on X.509 certificates for those who are new to it
and then detail how CAcert's assurance program works."

Cheers,
Mikal

PS: Any volunteers for talks for future months?

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"